What type of data needs to be collected for CTE programs of study?
New York State collects CTE data from all districts. As part of this federal mandate all CTE programs are required to maintain student, program and school level data on behalf of their programs.
- Program type
- CTE student enrollment
- CTE student enrollment for students receiving special education services
- Work-based learning – student participation in the different types of experiences, work hours, whether or not experiences will count toward the CDOS Pathway option
- Technical assessment performance (numberof students who took and passed the exam)
Programs applying for re-approval should maintain the above data and the following:
- Number of students who completed the coursework since the program was first approved during each year of the approval period
- Total number of students who completed coursework and received special education services during each year of the approval period
- Number of students who completed the technical assessment
- Number of students who passed the technical assessment (all 3 parts)
- Number of students who received the technical endorsement
- Number of students receiving industry credentials
- Postsecondary placement of students after graduation